Managing APQP projects, various Production Part Approval Process/First Article Inspection (PPAP/FAI) submission requirements and other quality related projects can be challenging. The IQS Quality Planning module uses a configurable template approach making this process more efficient while providing a single source of truth. The software automates and documents the critical aspects of the new product launch process to assure engineering design information is translated effectively throughout the pre-production process. Synchronize all key processes and activities through the creation of templates, project plans and checklists which manage the details.
KEY BENEFITS OF USING THIS MODULE
• Save time and utilize the included configurable templates for a best practices approach to managing new product introduction programs and submissions.
• Maintain one library of plans and submissions for effective collaboration and control (internally and with customers and suppliers).
• Promote alerts and escalations to avoid time-line slippage and improve efficiency and communication.
• Ensure conformance with quality standard such as ISO 9001, IATF 16949, AS 9100, ISO 13485, etc.
• Outline steps and create templates to save data entry time and improve consistency for submissions and plans.
• Automate electronic approval routings and support organizational sign-off requirements.
• Utilize included templates or build plans from scratch to manage the details of each product launch with an unlimited number of steps.
• Define project budget and time target details and tracking actuals for comparison.
• Track project time-lines and generate summary reports to analyze performance.
• Relate and connect interdependent plans to each other for easy navigation.
• Create checklists to ensure tasks are not missed in detailed project steps.
• Track progress on all PPAPs and FAIs including due dates.
• Manage items submitted from suppliers and to customers in a centralized database for improved communication.
• Collaborate with suppliers by allowing direct access to upload documents into the PPAP screen.
• Create customer prototype submission requirements with an unlimited number of user-defined steps.
• Control submissions revisions automatically when not approved.
• Link submissions to APQP Plans to close the loop.