Last Edited: 7/20/2016
When inserting or editing a record in a Listing Window a Maintenance window appears. Maintenance windows consist of Tabs, Fields, View options and Comments. View options allow for the creation of unlimited related records, e.g., approvals, work assignments, costs, etc.
1. Forms can contain multiple Tabs that display various fields from the data source. Clicking on a tab will take you to that tab and display the sections and fields that you have permission to see.
2. Controls for the record from left to right:
- Form Help
- Watch Record
3. Wizards are shortcuts to initiate application functionality. Something as simple as opening a default attachment or as complex as converting a record to a new record type and copying all the contents.
4. Reports that have been uploaded to the application and that you have access to can be previewed from this drop-down.
5. Form definition can be accessed with permission to change the definition of the form layout and functionality. Typically this is only accessible to administrators.
6. The form may be broken out into multiple sections (depicted by the blue header and grey outline). This is simply for organization and visualization. Sections can be labelled, moved or delete via Form Definition.
7. Fields within Sections can be set to invisible, read-only or editable. As a user fills out the form, they can only see fields that are visible to them based on security permissions and that are editable. The values input may trigger adjustment to the form layout and contents. Hints may be shown in a field, next to a field or upon the user hovering their cursor over the field. Hint text can be edited in the Form Definition.
8. The View drop-down allows the user to access data related to the record. Depending upon the form being viewed the contents of this drop-down will change.
- Comments are a global feature that are used to document progress and conversations related to a given record. Users may add comments and view comments added to the record.
- Tasks (Work Assignments) are action items that may be assigned to a user. On occassion, forms will require that all associated Tasks be completed before closure of the record.
- Related Records displays links to other records in IQS. Users can add additional relationships to records in other modules.
- Attachments are records of electronic files that have been attached to the record. Users can add attachments by uploading a file through the attachments section. Once uploaded, files are visible to any user with permission to view the record.
- Quality Costs are cost entries related to quality and this record.