A System Admin and Full User can create and update workspaces as long as they have the following system role:
Only System Administration user types can create Shared Workspaces. If you would like to learn how to manage user types, please click here - and if you would like to learn how to create shared workspaces, please click here.
Workspaces can be accessed by clicking on the nine squares icon to access Trubox’s drop-down menu. Right click on the 'My Workspace' label and select 'Add New Workspace' to create a new Workspace.
The options on the Workspace screen are (from left to right) as follows:
- Auto Load – Setting this checkbox on will result in the selected Workspace loading upon login to the IQS App. Think of it as setting a homescreen.
- Workspace Name – This is to set the name of the Workspace.
- Groups – From this menu you can select to share this Workspace with desired group(s).
- Add Tile – This icon will bring up a menu of available Portlets to add to your Workspace. The options will be described later.
- Save Workspace - Saves your Workspace. You can only save a Workspace once you give it a name.
- Edit Mode – This will allow you to add or remove columns to organize the Workspace.
Adding a Chart
Begin by clicking the Add Tile icon.
From this menu you can add a Portlet with Charts, List Grid, Tasks, Records or Reports. Select Chart.
You will see a new window open named Chart Datasource Selection. From here you can select what module and sub-module you wish to make a chart for. For this example I selected the sub-module Lots.
Here you can select what value you want to filter by, the parameters of that value (equals, greater than, between etc) and your desired value. You can also select to add another filter with “+” icon. Click on Filter.
Select the same Value you selected in the previous window (I selected Lot Size Qty on both). Click Apply.
Note: The maximum number of records that can be grouped is 1000. If your module contains more than 1000 records, it must be filtered down to 1000 or below and then grouped.
Here, you will see a summation of the Values that match your filter criteria. You can choose to filter further, cancel by clicking Back or add the Chart Portlet to the Workspace by clicking Done.
You now have a Chart on your Workspace. You can choose what type of chart from it’s drop-down menu. The default option is Line. The four icons at the top right of the Portlet are as follows:
- Select Data Set – You can change what values and parameters are being graphed.
- Maximize – This will maximize the chart window to the entirety of the App screen.
- Minimize – This will minimize the chart window to just a color-coded bar.
- Exit – This will close the Portlet for this session, but if the Portlet has been saved to the Workspace it will not be deleted.
Adding a List Grid
Click on the Add Tile column. This time we will add a List Grid. I have selected Audits from the Audit module.
In the Field Picker window you can select the Values that are displayed on the List Grid from the Workspace. To edit what is Visible select a Row and then hit the arrow that points to the left. When you have the Fields sorted as desired you can click Apply.
You will be brought back to the Module selection window. Click Back and then click X to close the Add Tile window.
In the List Grid Portlet you can search for specific records within. You can search for your selection via any field. You can also change the Visible Fields by right clicking on a column header. Most functions on this List Grid are very similar to that found in the List Grids you can navigate to through the main menu.
Adding Tasks (Calendar)
Click on the Add Tile icon and select Tasks. Select a module and sub-module. The tasks Portlet will show Tasks related to the User viewing the Portlet. This Portlet is only for viewing what the user will have in their workflow.
Adding Quick Access New Record
Click on the Add Tile icon and select New Record. Select a module and sub-module, in the example I have chosen Nonconformances. This Portlet will allow you to quickly add a new record to the associated list. Upon clicking the “+” icon you will be brought to a new record screen of the select module.
Click on the Add Tile icon and select Reports. Select a sub-module, in the example I have chosen Preventive Work Orders. To select a report, or multiple you will need to drag the desired report(s) from the left to the right. Click the “+” icon to add the Report Portlet to the Workspace. The ability to add more reports to the Portlet can be done later on by click the Pencil icon to edit this Portlet.
Double clicking a record in the Portlet will bring you to the BIRT Report Viewer. Here, you can change parameters and view the records associated after clicking OK.