Last Edit: 4/19/2017
- What is BIRT? BIRT is an open-source database reporting tool that allows for the creation of specifically defined output formats from IQS on the Trubox™ platform. It is similar in many respects to products such as Crystal Reports or Active Reports.
- How do I get BIRT? Download the RCP executable from HERE. Or read more about BIRT HERE.
- Building a Report
- Creating a report
- Open BIRT, click File-New Report
- Setting up the data source
- Go to the Data Explorer tab
- Right click data sources and click add.
- Configure connection information with the correct driver for your database type, replace "<server>" with the server address, "<port>"with the port of the database server and "<database>" with the name of the database.
- Establishing the data set
- Right click data sets in the Data Explorer tab and click add.
- Create a query from the data source, insert parameters, etc.
- Using the palette to format the report
- Use grids and drag and drop items onto the grid.
- Uploading the report package
- Create the manifest.mf (download the template) NOTE: The manifest.mf file MUST have a carriage return at the end of it. If it does not end with a carriage return, non-administrator users will be unable to see the report.
- Create a zip file with the rptdesign and manifest.MF files
- Upload to Form Definition